A Content Management System (CMS) is a web-based tool that allows you to update your own website. Content-managed websites are more expensive than regular websites, but keep future maintenance costs low as you rely less on your web deisgner to make updates for you. Over time, your savings will likely justify the cost of building a content-managed website.
Here are a few things to consider before deciding if a CMS is right for you:
1. Are you selling products online?
2. Does your website receive a lot of traffic?
3. Do you like writing, editing and designing?
4. Do you have time to write, edit and design?
5. Does your website content/information change frequently?
If you answered yes to all of the questions above, you should definitely consider a CMS for your website. If you answered no to one or more of the questions above, you likely do not require a CMS.